Central Vic Planning Consultants

FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions

How long does it take for the planning permit application to be completed and submitted to council?

Usually this will take approximately 2-3 weeks. If you need other services as well such as soil reports or drafting the process may take up to 4-6 weeks.

How long does it take for the planning permit application to be processed by the council and a decision made?

This process cannot be controlled by Central Vic Planning Consultants and depends on your council and whether the application has to be referred to other organisations such as Catchment Management or the CFA. In general the process can take from 1 to 3 months.

Am I guaranteed approval of my planning permit?

Central Vic Planning Consultants cannot guarantee the outcome of your planning permit however we will present the best possible case to the Council and follow up with the Council as required to ensure that your permit has the best chance of being approved.

In some cases your proposal will be rejected, however we will advise you of these potential issues before we start the process.

If you wish to challenge any decision made by the Council this can be done through VCAT and has been successful for many clients.

Do I need to meet with you or can I correspond entirely by email and phone?

Meeting with you in person can be valuable however it is not essential and many clients have their permits completed by us and never meet us in person.

When do I have to pay?

A 50% deposit is payable upfront to start on your permit and the balance is payable once it has been submitted to Council.

Do I need to call the council to follow up my permit?

No, if you choose our follow up service your permit application will be followed up by our staff and we will keep you updated every few weeks as to the progress of the application.

What other fees are payable?

You will be charged a planning permit application fee by the council, the current fee for a single dwelling is $1237.10. You may also be charged for advertising, this is usually under $100. These charges are payable directly to the council. If required we can pay fees on your behalf if you provide us with a personal cheque or similar. These fees will vary between Councils and depend on what you are applying for.

Need to Know More?

Get in Touch Today